11 amazing facts about Pakistan's largest gold mine
11:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2016
Reko Diq, which actually means sandy peak in the local language and is the name of an ancient volcano, has long been known as one of Pakistan's most mineral-rich regions, with a string of gold mines, copper mines and shale gas reserves.
A small part of this area falls in Afghanistan too.
It is world's 5th biggest Gold Mine
It has more than 54 million tons of Gold
It spreads over 100 kilometers
It is worth more than US$ 2 Trillion
It was leased to BHP, an Australian Company in 1994
BHP sold those mining rights to Thethyan Copper Company in 2004 as the company had rights to export every ounce of gold without involving State Bank of Pakistan or any other 3rd party
This company had captured 400 kilometers of area for mining
It was a non-auditable zone
It has copper and other natural reserves
It has world's 2nd largest reserve of Shale Gas (petrol alternative)
It was given back to the Government of Balochistan in 2013
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: FM Qureshi leaves for New York06:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council 'PREDA'
07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021