Shahid Afridi, Mehwish Hayat and others condemn Kabul attack
On Tuesday, gunmen barged into a maternity hospital in the western part of the Afghan capital Kabul and brutally killed dozens of people, reported CNN.
24 people lost their lives in the shooting rampage that took place, including two newborn babies, their mothers and an unspecified number of nurses.
No group has said that it carried it out, the evidence would suggest that the attack was launched by the Daesh, the only group that has hospitals on its radar as well.
Following the transgression, Pakistani celebrities and cricketer Shahid Afridi took to Twitter to condemn the barbarity, lending their support to the innocent lives lost.
“#kabulattack no words to describe this tragedy. Allah is watching,” Tweeted Hamza Ali Abbasi.
#kabulattack no words to describe this tragedy. Allah is watching.— Hamza Ali Abbasi (@iamhamzaabbasi) May 13, 2020
His wife Naimal Khawar also expressed her sorrow. “What a sad day for Humankind. Ya Allah khair,” she said.
The attack on innocent children and women in Kabul in the holy month of Ramzan is barbarianism.#Kabulattack— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) May 12, 2020
Truly appalled by the attack on a Kabul Hospital. Who in their right mind kills women and new born babies???? How can these depraved sickos live with themselves after taking these innocent lives?! This is beyond religion we have lost sight of humanity itself! #kabulattack— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) May 13, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020