82 injured as Sikh protesters clash with Indian police
The Sikh protesters were staging a sit-in since October 12 when few pages of a torn Guru Granth Sahib were found near a gurdwara.
The protesters had blocked all roads leading to Faridkot, Bathinda and Moga, the Indian Express reports.
Police used water cannons and tear gas shells to disperse the mob which set on fire three police vehicles apart from damaging three roadways buses and few other private vehicles.
Senior Superintendent of Police SS Mann said that the situation was under control in the city and Section 144 had been implemented.
This was the second such incident of clash. Yesterday, 19 persons, including nine policemen, were injured at a village in Moga district where protest was being staged over the similar issue.
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Don't get overexcited’, Babar Azam tells teammates after ...11:53 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- ‘Reach Every Door’ Covid vaccination drive begins in Punjab today11:24 AM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021