Saudi pilot dies after Typhoon warplane crashes in Yemen
The report identified the pilot as Mahna al-Biz.
It is the second death this week of a coalition pilot. On Monday, authorities said an Emirati pilot was killed due to a technical malfunction, without elaborating.
Saudi Arabia along with his allies - Bahrain , Kuwait , the United Arab Emirates, Egypt , Jordan , Morocco , and Sudan - has been pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the popular Houthi Ansarullah movement and reinstate the former Yemeni government, a close Riyadh ally.
Houthi fighters, backed by the Yemeni army and popular forces, have been defending the country against the all-out aggression.
The United Nations says the fighting has killed more than 10,000 civilians, displaced over 3 million people and pushed the Arab world’s poorest country to the brink of famine.
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019