Shabana Azmi to star in Pakistani filmmaker's lesbian drama
According to DNA India, Pakistani actor-director Fawzia Mirza has cast Shabana for her upcoming film ‘Signature Move’ where the Bollywood actor will be playing the role of a mother to a teenage lesbian daughter.
Fawzia introduces herself as "Lesbian, Muslim, Pakistani, actor, activist, writer, producer, lawyer & creature of passion." The film, which seems autobiographical, casts Shabana as a mother who watches television soaps all day long and seems oblivious of the fact that her daughter is a lesbian and in a relationship with Mexican girl who is a wrestler.
Now 20 years later she returns in yet another lesbian drama. This time Shabana doesn't play the lesbian, though. In Pakistani writer-director-actress Fawzia Mirza's American production entitled Signature Move, Shabana plays mother to lesbian daughter Fawzia Mirza.
Last week Shabana left for Chicago for the shooting.
- Cooking oil prices increased by up to Rs110 per litre in utility ...10:22 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India invites Pakistan, other regional powers for NSA-level talks on ...09:00 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- World’s largest copy of Quran being made in Pakistan07:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021