Shabana Azmi to star in Pakistani filmmaker's lesbian drama
According to DNA India, Pakistani actor-director Fawzia Mirza has cast Shabana for her upcoming film ‘Signature Move’ where the Bollywood actor will be playing the role of a mother to a teenage lesbian daughter.
Fawzia introduces herself as "Lesbian, Muslim, Pakistani, actor, activist, writer, producer, lawyer & creature of passion." The film, which seems autobiographical, casts Shabana as a mother who watches television soaps all day long and seems oblivious of the fact that her daughter is a lesbian and in a relationship with Mexican girl who is a wrestler.
Now 20 years later she returns in yet another lesbian drama. This time Shabana doesn't play the lesbian, though. In Pakistani writer-director-actress Fawzia Mirza's American production entitled Signature Move, Shabana plays mother to lesbian daughter Fawzia Mirza.
Last week Shabana left for Chicago for the shooting.
- Lieutenant General (Retired) Ishfaq Nadeem passes away11:31 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- #PTI leader #HaleemAdilSheikh confirms marriage to party MPA ...11:09 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Digital Media Development Program for youth10:59 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- SBP puts limits on financing for imported vehicles10:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani forces kill six terrorists during Balochistan operation09:44 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021