Largest ever known diamond unearthed in North America
Its colour, texture, and structure are also unique from a geological perspective and will not be sold in its rough form, the company added.
The Toronto-based miner is planning to select a partner, who will cut and polish it and as the diamond is still undergoing evaluation, it is too early to determine the ultimate value of this unique gem.
Dominion Diamond Mines ULC is a Canadian mining company and one of the world’s largest producers and suppliers of premium rough diamond assortments to the global market. The company owns a controlling interest in the Ekati Diamond Mine, which it operates, and owns 40% of the Diavik Diamond Mine.
World's largest uncut diamond fails to sell at ... 06:50 PM | 30 Jun, 2016
LONDON: The world's largest uncut diamond remained unsold at a London auction yesterday, which was the first time such ...
The previous largest diamond found in North America was also discovered at the Diavik mine. That was the 187.7-carat Diavik Foxfire found in 2015 and was sold for $1.3 million.
- OGRA recommends increase in petrol, diesel prices for December01:23 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Mother commits suicide along with 3 children in Rawalpindi12:58 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Eight shot dead over land dispute in KP11:10 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020