Pakistan remembers Fall of Dhaka tragedy
ISLAMABAD – Tomorrow will be remembered as a dark day when 48 years ago conspiracies of inimical forces resulted in debacle of East Pakistan.
As early as 1962, Bengali leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and India jointly started planning against the breaking up of Pakistan. The Indians played upon Bengali sentiments in the aftermath of the 1965 Pak-India war through its intelligence agency RAW and when the right opportunity struck, the Indians were well-prepared. It was RAW that gradually converted Sheikh Mujibur Rahman from being a staunch supporter of Pakistan to the possible father of the new nation of Bangladesh.
India created Mukti Bahini, a militant organization, comprising of Indian agents, extremist Hindu goons and outlawed Bengalis. The organization carried out massive atrocities against the Bengali population including killings, rapes, loot and plunder whereas Indian media blamed all such activities on Pakistan Army. Mukti Bahini also indiscriminately targeted the pro-Pakistan population of East Pakistan. The US Consul estimated that up to 66,000 non Bengalis were killed.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has openly admitted the role of his country in the dismemberment of East Pakistan. After the fall of Dhaka, India has repeatedly tried to terrorize Bengalis and the deaths of Bangladeshi citizens and the Indo-Bangladesh border dispute has become one of the embarrassments between the two nations' bilateral relations.
The people of Bangladesh should realize that their real enemy is India that created conditions for the breaking up of Pakistan and caused the conflict so that the mistrust between Bangladesh and Pakistan can be removed.
Pakistan observes fifth anniversary of APS ... 04:41 PM | 15 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The nation will observe the fifth anniversary of Army Public School tragedy tomorrow (Monday) with ...
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019