Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket World Cup 2018
ABU DHABI - Pakistan downed Sri Lanka by 159 runs in 14th match of 5th Blind Cricket World Cup at Eden Garden Cricket Ground on Monday.
Sri Lanka were bowled out for 317 after Pakistan had set a target 476 in the United Arab Emirates.
Monday's other action saw Nepal beat Australia by eight wickets in a consolation match at the same venue.
Nepal triumphed and chased down the target of 299 runs with four overs to spare.
After their loss to arch-rivals India on Friday, the Pakistanis came back to thrash Australia by 393 runs on Sunday in the Blind Cricket World Cup 2018.
Batting first, Pakistan scored 563 runs for the loss of 4 wickets in allotted 40 overs, which is a world record.
Aamir Ashfaq smashed 208 as Pakistan went on to score a record total of 563/4 in 40 overs. Among other scorers Sana made 143 and Haroon hit 105. In reply, the Aussies were dismissed for 170 runs.
Sri Lanka too made a massive 494/5 in 40 overs against Nepal in 10th match, eventually winning the tie by 350 runs. Dimithu scored 168 not out.
In the 12th match, India defeated Nepal by 8 wickets while Sri Lanka won the 13th match against Bangladesh by 5 wickets.
The semi-finals are scheduled to take place on Wednesday (January 17) following a rest day tomorrow.
India will face Bangladesh, while Sri Lanka go up against Pakistan.
The final is due to be held on Thursday (January 18).
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020