Sultan Abdullah proclaimed 6th sultan of Malaysia's Pahang state
His brother, the Tengku Muda of Pahang Tengku Abdul Rahman Sultan Ahmad Shah, made the proclamation at a ceremony steeped in tradition at the Balairung Seri (Throne Room) in this royal town.
The proclamation was made under Article 9A, Part 1, of the Pahang State Constitution, the Bernama reported.
The ascension to the Pahang throne entitles Sultan Abdullah, as the new Sultan of Pahang, to be on the list for election as the next and 16th King. The Sultan of Kelantan, Sultan Muhammad V, stepped down as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong on Jan 6.
- ‘Zarb-e-Hadeed’: Bahawalpur Corps take part in tactical drills to ...10:40 AM | 4 Mar, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Three more players of different teams’ contract ...10:10 AM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-04- ...10:05 AM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,519 new COVID-19 cases, 64 deaths09:45 AM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Lahore Garrison Golf Team emerges as champions of Punjab09:25 AM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021