Pakistan hikes Petrol price by Rs3.20/litre
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister on Friday approved an increase in the prices of petroleum products for the month of January, according reports in local media.
The price of petrol in Pakistan has been increased by Rs3.20 to Rs109.20 per litre, whereas the price of high-speed diesel has been raised by Rs2.95 to Rs113.19/litre and Light Diesel Rs4.42 to Rs76.23.
The price of kerosene oil has now surged to Rs76.65/litre after an increase of Rs3.
The latest surge comes after the Oil and Gas Regulatory (Ogra) sent a summary to the federal government, suggesting an increase by up to Rs15.33 in the petroleum products.
The regulatory body had recommended an increase of Rs13.07/litre in petrol price, Rs11.03 in high speed diesel, Rs10.55 in Kerosene oil and Rs15.33 in the price of light diesel oil.
Here is how people responded to the increase in petrol price on social media.
- TikTok removes 113 million videos to protect minors on the platform11:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Babar Azam equals Virat Kohli's record in T20Is11:21 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: England win 6th T20I against Pakistan by 8 wickets11:01 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022