Pakistan launches SMS service to prevent Hajj fraud
According to an official of the ministry, an intending pilgrim, desiring to perform the sacred religious ceremony through Haj Group Organiser (HGO) should send the first four digits of his HGO's enrollment number from his mobile phone to 8331 to check its authenticity.
The intending pilgrim would promptly receive a reply, containing details about the enrollment status of the HGO, name of its chief executive, its allotted quota and address.
The quota status of any HGO should be confirmed from ministry’s relevant department by contacting on phone no 051-9207519; 051-9205212.
The ministry will not responsible for any fraud with the intending pilgrim, who inked an agreement with any HGO or travel agent without checking its enrollment status of allotted Hajj quota, the sources added.
The intending pilgrims should make a private agreement with only approved HGOs/ tour operators after confirming its hajj quota. The ministry has made mandatory for all HGOs to deposit five percent of their each private hajj package to ministry as performance guarantee.
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Why is Turkey offering to protect Kabul airport after US troop ...11:35 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows foreign tourists after 17-month Covid lockdown11:07 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Asim Azhar performs soulful rendition of Janam Fida-e-Haideri06:30 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021