Initial probe finds traces of explosives in Dasu bus blast that killed 13 including 9 Chinese
The incident was initially attributed to a gas leak.
ISLAMABAD – The initial inquiry of the Dassu bus blast, that killed 13 passengers including 9 Chinese, has indicated the traces of explosive materials, Information Minister said Thursday.
Federal Minister for information took to his Twitter a day after the incident where he revealed that the initial inquiry found traces of explosive material from the spot. Chaudhry didn’t mention the category of explosives used in the blast however, he added that the incumbent authorities are in close coordination with the Chinese embassy about the matter as both countries are committed to fight the menace of terrorism.
Initial investigations into Dassu incident have now confirmed traces of explosives,Terrorism cannot be ruled out,PM is personally supervising all developments,in this regard Govt is in close coordination with Chinese embassy we are committed to fight menace of terrorism together— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) July 15, 2021
In the recent tweet, the Minister further added that Prime Minister is personally supervising all developments in this regard as thirteen people, including nine Chinese nationals, two FC personnel, and two locals, were killed while 28 others sustained injuries when a passenger coach fell into a ravine in the Upper Kohistan area after an explosion on Wednesday. Information Minister also mentioned that “Terrorism cannot be ruled out”.
On Wednesday, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi also updated his Chinese counterpart about the preliminary investigation into the incident. FM met Chinese foreign minister, Wang Yi, on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation-Council of Foreign Ministers in Dushanbe.
The report quoting sources cited that the Chinese FM was told that it's an accident with no background in terrorism. Meanwhile, Yi stressed the quick arrest and severe punishment for perpetrators in case if it was found to be a terror attack.
Nine Chinese among 13 killed in Upper Kohistan ... 10:25 AM | 14 Jul, 2021
Nine Chinese nationals and three Pakistani nationals – including two FC personnel – were killed while ...
“The Chinese side is shocked by the Chinese casualties in Pakistan, hoping that the Pakistani side could quickly find out its cause, conduct rescue and treatment work at all costs, deal with the aftermath in time, and prevent similar incidents from happening again”, Chinese Minister told Qureshi.
The statement further added that “Lessons should be learned from the incident, and the security measures for China-Pakistan cooperation projects should be further strengthened to ensure the safe and smooth operation of all projects.”
FM Qureshi also told the Chinese Minister that “China's loss is Pakistan's loss and we will spare no effort to rescue and treat the wounded, thoroughly investigate the truth of the incident, lose no time in sharing the progress of the investigation with China, and do its utmost to ensure the safety of Chinese personnel in Pakistan.”
Chinese Embassy also advised the Chinese nationals in Pakistan to “stay on alert, pay close attention to the local security situation, strengthen security protection, take strict precautions, and stop going out unless necessary”.
Meanwhile, local media quoting eyewitnesses cited that the coach fell into the riverside following a blast while two other vehicles, remained safe in the incident.
Earlier, it was revealed that the incident occurred due to gas leakage in the passenger coach resulted in the blast. However, International news and Chinese authorities termed the incident as ‘bombing’.
- Pakistan, Tajik FMs exchange views on bilateral ties, Afghanistan in ...05:18 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Serving Indian navy commander, 4 others arrested on espionage charges05:00 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities ecstatic after Pakistan’s victory against New Zealand ...04:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan achieve another feat in T20I cricket04:10 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Mohammad Amir, Harbhajan Singh exchange barbs during heated Twitter ...03:36 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal spark marriage rumours01:38 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam celebrates Pakistan's victory with electrifying anthem02:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan gets emotional on SRK and Gauri Khan’s 30th wedding ...09:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021