Police detain Orlando shooter's wife for possible role in planning the killings
According to US media, Mateen's wife Noor Salman has been taken into custody on the suspicion that she was aware of her husband's plans for the attack on nightclub.
"A federal grand jury has been formed where she will be presented and the jury could charge her for a possible crime," reports said while quoting a law enforcement source.
Meanwhile US Senator Angus King, who is also a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, has stated that Mateen's wife was apparently aware of what was going on. The senator made this claim just after he received a briefing on the attack.
“I guess Noor Salman is definitely a person of interest right now in this investigation, and we can expect that she can provide us with some significant information in this case,” King said while talking to CNN.
Omar Mateen, before he was shot dead by police during the encounter, had called 911 pledging allegiance to various militant groups including Islamic State (ISIS) and al-Qaeda, however, investigators have said that there was no immediate evidence of any foreign terror connection in the case.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- WAPDA opens jobs for locals in Gilgit-Baltistan10:59 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Railways introduces two new trains10:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020