AR Rahman breaks fast at Cannes 2019
Rahman is in France to promote his directorial Le Musk (India’s first virtual reality film) presented by Intel at the Cannes Film Festival. He took to Instagram, where he posted several photographs of himself. At Cannes, he broke his fast at 8:51 pm.
In one image, Rahman is seen sitting and holding a glass of apple juice and a plate of salad kept on the table. He captioned the image: “8:51 pm iftaar”. Iftar breaks the daily fast of Ramadan for Muslims around the world.
Check out the picture here:
Not so long ago, while having an interview with media person, Rahman had spoken about his faith in Islam and said, “It’s not about converting to Islam, it’s about finding the spot and seeing whether it presses the button in you. The spiritual teachers, the Sufi teachers, taught me and my mom things that are very, very special. There are special things in every faith, and this is the one we chose. And we stand by it.”
Prayer has been extremely beneficial. It has saved me from many falls. In between prayers, I think, ‘Oh, I have to pray, so I can’t do this mischief’. People from other faiths do the same thing and are peaceful too. For me, this works”, he added.
This year as well, Cannes will witness the glamour and glitz with Indian celebrities such as Sonam Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut, Mallika Sherawat, Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan stealing the show at the red carpet.
Have a blessed Ramazan everyone!
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020