UPDATE: PML-N retains NA-19 Haripur in by-poll
HARIPUR (Staff Report) – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz has retained NA-19 Haripur constituency in a by-poll conducted on the orders of Supreme Court of Pakistan, after a daylong polling on Sunday.
According to results, the PML-N candidate Babar Nawaz Khan got 135809 votes followed by PTI candidate Raja Aamir Zaman who bagged 89716 votes.
As many as nine candidates were in the run for the by-election.
The district administration made elaborate security arrangements to provide peaceful environment to voters on polling day.
Election Commission of Pakistan also adopted bio-metric system at 30 polling stations in NA-19 Haripur.
The seat went vacant when Supreme Court of the Pakistan disqualified PML-N MNA Omar Ayub upon charges. Earlier the seat was won by PTI candidate Raja Aamir Zaman however a re-polling in six polling stations on the orders of an election tribunal reversed his victory.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019