63-year-old man gearing up for 71st surgery of his life
Vijayan was treated in India and he is now currently braving illness in Muscat hospitals. He has already undergone seventy surgeries.
“From my toes to skull, unwanted growth happens regularly and the disease has been haunting me ever since I was 18-years old. Last year, I had three surgeries. Just one doctor in a hospital alone has done 30 surgeries on me,” Vijayan said.
Vijayan was first treated in the Trichur District Government Hospital in Kerala, India. Strangely, his siblings are living a normal life.
The 63-year-old revealed the harrowing details of his painstaking journey that impacted his economic status as well.
“As the treatment was expensive in Muscat, I used to go to India three to four times every year for surgeries. Each surgery cost me about Rs50,000 and it has financially ruined me as well" he said.
Rhinosporidiosis is a disease caused by the organism Rhinosporidium seeberi, which was once thought to be a fungus, but is now believed to be a rare aquatic protistan parasite of fish. First described in 1900 by Guillermo Seeber, it generally presents as swollen, pink or red polyps in the nasal cavity or the ocular conjunctivae.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021