India registers sedition case against Amnesty International country chapter
According to the Indian media reports, the Amnesty International had invited Kashmiri families at its "Broken Families" event held at the United Theological College, JC Nagar, on Saturday. During the event, a person reportedly chanted pro-freedom slogans.
Police officials said that the First Information Report (FIR) included sections 124-A, 153-A, 142 and 147 of the Indian Penal Code. The sections deal with sedition, promoting enmity, unlawful assembly and rioting allegations.
Media reports suggested that the case was registered on the request of the Bhartia Janta Party's (BJP) student wing which had strongly protesting the event of the Amnesty International.
It is also worth mentioning here that the "Broken Families" event aimed to invite families from India-held Jammu and Kashmir to talk about what was happening to their loved ones and the problems they were facing in the region due to the presence of Indian security forces.
- PTA slaps Jazz with Rs30 million fine over poor network quality11:52 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- One dead, several injured as police baton-charge MQM-P protesters in ...11:23 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Indian-origin Google CEO booked over unauthorised uploading of ...10:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- ‘SDG Investment Report 2021’ – FM Qureshi unveils Pakistan’s ...10:21 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Gold price jumps Rs500 per tola in Pakistan09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Atif Aslam praises wife Sara's 'sense of style' for picking his PSL 7 ...08:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021