Palestinian mosque plays music instead of Azaan, foul play suspected
As many as five mosques in western area of Nablus played the music by virtue of radio transmission. The interference between different channels is not that common in the area.
The authorities are probing into a probable foul play that caused songs of the late singer Umm Kulthum replace the quintessential call to prayer.
An official source from the Ministry of Islamic Affairs said that this malfunction happened in a number of mosques in a village west of Nablus, specifically in about four or five mosques, and confirmed that the malfunction did not penetrate the greater network of mosques which is headquartered at the Haj Nimr Mosque.
The ministry has formulated a special committee to investigate and root out the cause for the glitch.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021