Palestinian mosque plays music instead of Azaan, foul play suspected
As many as five mosques in western area of Nablus played the music by virtue of radio transmission. The interference between different channels is not that common in the area.
The authorities are probing into a probable foul play that caused songs of the late singer Umm Kulthum replace the quintessential call to prayer.
An official source from the Ministry of Islamic Affairs said that this malfunction happened in a number of mosques in a village west of Nablus, specifically in about four or five mosques, and confirmed that the malfunction did not penetrate the greater network of mosques which is headquartered at the Haj Nimr Mosque.
The ministry has formulated a special committee to investigate and root out the cause for the glitch.
- PM Imran to seek fresh vote of confidence from parliament11:40 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021