US and China preparing for World War 3: Research Paper
The report warns that fighting could break out if diplomacy fails over the disputed islands in the South China Sea.
The report also confirms that US is planning for a future conflict with China and suggest if dispute were to boil over today, the US would easily win with few casualties.
President Barack Obama's former chief intelligence adviser David Gompert laid out the chilling scenarios for world war and peace in the report.
"If hostilities erupted, both have ample forces, technology, industrial might, and personnel to fight across vast expanses of land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace" Mr.Gompert said.
In the report named "War With China, Thinking Through the Unthinkable", he warns:
"Premeditated war between the United States and China is very unlikely, but the danger that a mishandled crisis could trigger hostilities cannot be ignored.
Additionally, the study recommended that the US should improve their ability to sustain intense military operations, as well as invest more in submarines and theater missiles to reduce the Chinese threat.
Tensions have been rising between the US and China, particularly in the months following The Hague's ruling against China, noting that they had "no legal basis" to claim resources in the South China Sea. China has blamed the ruling on interference from the US, with many in the country boycotting American companies such as Apple and KFC in response, ibtimes reported.
- Punjab SHO Imran Abbas gunned down in Rawalpindi10:55 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021