‘Shahenshah-e-Qawwali’ Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan remembered on 25th death anniversary
ISLAMABAD – The 25th death anniversary of legendary ‘Qawwali’ maestro Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan is beng observed across the country today (Monday).
He was popularly regarded as “Shahenshah-e-Qawwali”, meaning “The King of Qawwali”.
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was born in Faisalabad on October, 13, 1948, and was considered one of the trend-setters and pioneers of fusion music in Pakistan.
Hailing from a Patiala gharana, Khan carried forward his family’s 600-year-old Qawwali tradition and introduced it to international audiences.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records‚ Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan holds the world record for the largest recorded output by a Qawwali artist.
The government of Pakistan bestowed Pride of Performance on the legendary singer in 1987 for his contribution to Pakistani music. He was also honored with the prestigious UNESCO Music Prize. The music maestro released around 25 Qawwali albums.
His massive hit `Dam Mast Qalandar’ became household anthem. His Hamd “Wohi Khuda Hai” and the national song “Mera Paigham Pakistan” are still popular among the music lovers.
Khan lost his battle with lung cancer in 1997.
Music legend Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and social media users paid a touching tribute to music maestro on his death anniversary.
“You had touched countless lives in your lifetime & even after your death, you live through your music & your family legacy, You will always be missed!” wrote Rahat on Twitter.
You had touched countless lives in your lifetime & even after your death, you live through your music & your family legacy, You will always be missed!— Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (@RFAKWorld) August 16, 2022
Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - October 13, 1948 - August 16, 1997 pic.twitter.com/6LVQVKbxKf
Shae Gill sings Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's famous ... 06:18 PM | 2 Jun, 2022
Coke Studio's singing sensation Shae Gill is undoubtedly a star performer whose debut song became her claim to ...
- Two cops arrested on charges of assault, rape attempt in Lahore01:15 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- World Bank mulls $2 billion loan for flood-ravaged Pakistan12:44 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Confident Pakistan seek revenge against England in fourth ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022