In a tweet on Saturday, he said companies like Facebook affect too many people and it is important that in critical decision making involve wider section of consumers and Data protection must be ensured at all times.
The minister's statement comes a day after the Facebook-owned social media app announced that it is putting off its new business plans till after May and "no one will have their account suspended or deleted on February 8".
"No one will have their account suspended or deleted on Feb 8 and we'll be moving back our business plans until after May," a Whatsapp tweet read on Saturday.
We will make sure users have plenty of time to review and understand the terms. Rest assured we never planned to delete any accounts based on this and will not do so in the future.— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) January 15, 2021
"Rest assured we never planned to delete any accounts based on this and will not do so in the future."
Smart Office – Pakistan to launch WhatsApp-like ... 11:46 AM | 16 Jan, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan is to launch its own WhatsApp-like messaging application by June this year which will be ...
- Indian troops kill two youth in occupied Kashmir11:35 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 6 - Islamabad United beat Karachi Kings by 5 wickets10:53 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- COVID-19 – Pakistan announces to allow indoor dinning, weddings in ...10:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Twitteratis react after world’s largest stadium renamed after ...09:37 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021