Pakistan reduces tax deductions on mobile recharge
ISLAMABAD – The mobile companies have stopped the recovery of operational and services fee from consumers.
The move comes after the Supreme Court of Pakistan stopped mobile companies from the recovery of additional tax from consumers.
Now the consumers will get Rs88.9 instead of Rs76.94 upon Rs100 card load.
The top court had stopped mobile companies from additional tax recovery after which operational and services fee has been ended and now consumers will get Rs88.9 instead of Rs76.94 upon Rs100 card load besides getting relief of Rs11.95.
Earlier when 26% tax was imposed on mobile cards, cell phone users were receiving Rs76.94 on Rs100 recharge.
However, now again upon the SC orders, the operational and services fee has been ended.
The Supreme Court had on April 24, 2019 announced the restoration of all taxes charged by cellular service providers on mobile phone top-up cards after the apex court had suspended the deduction of taxes on prepaid cards levied by mobile phone service providers in June, 2018.
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Asim Azhar teams up with an American band for a song01:32 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019