Male or female? LHC orders to form medical board to determine gender
RAWALPINDI – The Lahore High Court (LHC) Rawalpindi Bench on Wednesday asked the Medical Superintendent(MS) District Headquarters Hospital to constitute a four-member medical board to determine whether Aakash Ali alias Asma Bibi is male or female who married with a girl Nahya of Taxila area.
The petitioner Amjad Ali Shah, in a petition filed in the LHC, claimed that Asma Bibi married his daughter Nahya in a local court after amending her computerised national identity card fraudulently and changing her sex.
During the hearing, Aakash told the court that he was a male. Similarly, Nahya said her husband Aakash was a male.
Justice Sadaqat Ali Khan, who heard th petition, ordered the MS DHQ to form the medical board and submit its report about Aakah Ali's gender on July 20. The court also directed the police to give protection to both Asma and Nahya on their application for provision of security.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020