JUI-F leader Hafiz Hamdullah abuses Marvi Sirmed on live TV show
Marvi Sirmed, Hafiz Hamdullah, Fayyaz Ul Hassan Chohan of Pakistan Tehrek-e-Insaf and Barrister Masroor were panelists in a show debating women rights and the recent gruesome burnings of women.
Barrister Masroor used the words 'pee k soey hue hain' (sleeping after getting intoxicated) for the CII chairman and his fellow JUI-F member Maulana Sherani. Hamdullah was of the view that Barrister Masroor should not have said this.
When Marvi Sirmed supported the stance of Barrister Masroor, Hafiz Hamdullah got angry at the activist and kept on interrupting her afterwards. Eventually, he resorted to a string of abuses which were omitted by NewsOne.
Marvi Sirmed in a facebook post accused Hamdullah of attacking her physically.
PTI's Fayaz ul Hassan Chauhan and Barrister Masroor supported Sirmed's claim on social media. After the clip went viral, social media slammed the attitude of the senator and termed it unethical.
This is not the first time Senator Hamdullah has used abusive language against a woman on TV. Earlier, he verbally abused television anchor on another issue related to women.
- Azadi March – SC turns down contempt petition against Imran Khan02:04 PM | 26 May, 2022
- National Assembly approves bill to abolish electronic, overseas ...01:43 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Mishi Khan, Mariyam Nafees participate in Imran Khan’s Azadi March ...09:37 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022