LVMH converting its perfume factories to make hand sanitizer amid shortage
Louis Vuitton’s parent company LVMH has announced to use its perfume factories to manufacture hand sanitiser in an attempt lower the risk of a shortage in France amid the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement on Sunday, the company announced: "The gel will be delivered free of charge to the French health authorities."
"LVMH will use all the production facilities of its Perfumes & Cosmetics brands... to produce large quantities of hydroalcholic gel," it continued.
The product will be delivered to French health authorities and the Assistance Publique-Hospitaux de Paris, a web of 39 teaching hospitals that gives treatments to more than 8 million patients each year, according to its website.
France so far has handled 2269 confirmed cases of the coronavirus that have resulted in 48 deaths.
France has shut down its restaurants, cafes and non-essential stores in an effort to fight the virus. The country's grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential stores are still open.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:53 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 26 May 202208:30 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Azadi March concludes as Imran Khan gives six-day deadline to govt ...08:15 AM | 26 May, 2022
- IMF tells Pakistan to remove petroleum subsidies for revival of loan ...11:35 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022