Punjab set to reopen shopping malls amid spike in COVID-19 cases
LAHORE – The Punjab government will reopen shopping malls as a part of lifting the lockdown in phases from Monday, provincial information minister Fayyazul Hassan Chohan announced on Saturday.
In a statement, the minister added that the government will also allow the automotive industry to resume operations from May 18.
Calling the overall situation across Punjab as “satisfactory” following ease in lockdown, Chohan said that the decision to either ease or ramp up lockdown restrictions will be taken keeping in view the public response during the coronavirus pandemic.
Meanwhile, the transport industry has also been allowed to resume inter-city travel with the already-agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
So far, Punjab has recorded more than 14,000 cases of the coronavirus and at least 245 deaths.
Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus ... 10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
LAHORE – The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 69,496, according to government data till ...
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- KSA reopens Masjid-e-Nabwi for public today09:28 AM | 31 May, 2020
- COVID-19 outbreak: NCOC seeks provinces' feedback on opening more ...08:39 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Coronavirus cases soar above 6 million worldwide11:28 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020