British embassy in Ankara closes fearing security threats
As scheduled, the embassy had to reopen on Friday (Today) after EidUl Azha holidays but now the embassy will remain closed for a day. Meanwhile, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) issued a travel alert to the Turkish city of Diyarbakir over security concerns.
The latest decision came few days after almost 34,000 prisoners were set free by Turkey to make way for tens of thousands of inmates arrested after the failed military coup.
Turkey has been hit by numerous terrorist attacks in recent months, with both Islamist and Kurdish militant group allegedly responsible for the acts.
Moreover, according to Milliyet newspaper, Four members of the “Islamic State” (IS, aka ISIS, ISIL or Daesh) terrorist group have been detained in Turkey. Reportedly, the detainees were planning to commit terrorist attacks near foreign diplomatic missions in the country.
The testimony of the detainees revealed that the IS was planning terrorist attacks near German and UK embassies Sept.17
- Pakistan condemns assassination of Afghan women judges in Kabul12:00 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Wandering snow leopard killed after attacking man in Abbottabad10:36 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Goswami whatsapp leaks exposes "unholy nexus between Hindutva regime ...08:42 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Intrigue Grows as Celebrities and Influencers Upload Pictures with ...03:45 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021