VIDEO: 662 Charlie Chaplins set new world record
A total of 662 people congregated at the Chaplin’s World museum in Corsier-sur-Vevey, where Chaplin lived for 25 years until his death in 1977.
Each participant recreated Chaplin’s comic’s signature creation, the Little Tramp.
The gathering marked the anniversary of Chaplin’s birth 128 years ago.
“We did it! 662 people dressed as the Tramp are gathering to celebrate our first anniversary. #IamPartoftheLegend #ChaplinsWorld,” the Chaplin’s World museum’s Twitter account tweeted.
— Chaplin's World (@chaplins_world) April 16, 2017
The assembled men, women, and children stood in formation to create a giant star and posed for a group photo in front of the Manoir de Ban during an attempt to break the record for the world’s largest gathering of people dressed as “The Tramp.”
Aside from being the British actor’s nickname, “The Tramp” is also a 1915 short film starring Chaplin as the titular main character.
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021