Scarlett Johansson tops Forbes' list of highest-paid actress
Johansson, 33, took in $40.5 million in pre-tax earnings from June 1, 2017, to June 1, 2018, quadrupling her income from the previous year, according to Forbes’ calculations. She played Black Widow in this year’s hit movie Avengers: Infinity War and will return to the role in the 2019 installment from Walt Disney's Marvel Studios.
Jolie, 43, earned $28 million, largely thanks to a payment for the film Maleficent 2, scheduled for 2020. Johnson has beaten former wife of Bratt Pit. Whereas Jennifer Aniston, 49, who still earns residual income from the 1990s sitcom Friends, came in third with $19.5 million.
Jennifer Lawrence, 28, who starred in the underperforming films Mother! and Red Sparrow was fourth on the Forbes list with continued earnings from her role in the X-Men series and an endorsement contract with fashion brand Christian Dior.
Forbes also mentioned that the lack of roles for women means “there are fewer opportunities for stars to earn big bucks.” Only two women topped the $20 million mark, down from three in 2017 and four in 2016.
- US Centcom chief meets Genenral Bajwa at GHQ11:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022