Indian technician sucked into plane's engine at Mumbai airport
The aircraft, a relatively new Airbus A-319, has been isolated and its engine is being dismantled to recover the body. the airline and Indian media reports said.
The freak accident happened on Wednesday evening when the co-pilot of flight AI 619 to Hyderabad in India's south mistook a signal from ground staff and started the engine.
It sucked in Ravi Subramanian, who was standing close by, the Press Trust of India reported, quoting anonymous sources at Air India, the Asian giant's national carrier.
The airline wrote on its official Twitter handle that one of its technicians had "died in a mishap during pushback of flight AI 619", without specifying exactly what happened.
"The incident is being investigated. Our heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family," said the tweet.
Air India's chairman and managing director Ashwani Lohani said "we are deeply saddened & regret the tragic incident" at Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji airport, according to the post late on Wednesday.
- PASSEX – Pakistan, Oman navy ships hold joint naval exercise01:25 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- PDM's long march to reach Islamabad on March 3001:05 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-08- Updated ...12:35 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Dalai Lama receives first dose of COVID vaccine, urges other to ...12:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021