Opposing Trump, President Erdogan says Turkey will open embassy in East Jerusalem
"God willing, the day is close when officially, with God's permission, we will open our embassy there," he said in a speech, while maintaining his fierce criticism of the United States' decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
The Turkish leader has been one of the loudest voices in a global chorus of condemnation over Donald Trump's announcement that the US would break with decades of established foreign policy by relocating its embassy from Tel Aviv.
The draft declaration by the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) was issued following an extraordinary meeting of the 57-state group to hammer out a unified response to President Trump's decision.
- US Consul General Lahore highlights English as a way to build ...07:16 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- ‘Time to avenge’: PCB chief’s statement echoes Pakistan’s ...06:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021