Immigration offence: Pakistani student sentenced for fake wedding in UK
Last October, Zubair Khan, 28, forgot his wife-to-be’s name just minutes before the wedding and made a phone-call to his marriage fixer to ask about her name thus alerting the registrar.
The registrar contacted the home office investigators who arrested the couple. Khan took to foul play to extend his stay in UK as his student visa was about to expire. Hull Crown Court has sentenced Khan and his Hungarian bride Beata Szilagyi to 20 months and 17 months respectively, Telegraph reported. Both of them admitted to a violation of immigration law.
Khaliq Dad Khan, 48, the marriage fixer, was also arrested after confessing to the same charge. "This was a farcical but nonetheless serious attempt to cheat the UK's immigration laws.” Andy Sharpe, the home office investigator declared!
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021