Newborn survives fall through train toilet in India
The 22-year-old woman fainted in the tiny toilet cubicle on Monday after giving birth on the train, which had briefly halted before reaching Hanumangarh station in western Rajasthan state.
“The woman... felt acute labour pain, so she went to the toilet to relieve herself and gave birth to a baby boy who slipped down through the toilet bowl and fell on the tracks,” senior railway police official Subhash Vishnoi told local media.
The train had already left for Hanumangarh by the time the woman’s family members found her unconscious in the toilet.
A local guard spotted the newborn crying on the tracks and informed the police, who admitted the baby to a nearby hospital.
“When the woman and her husband found their newborn alive and safe, they were very happy,” another police official Ram Singh said.
“They had not expected that the newborn would be alive.”
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021