ICC bans Hafeez for one year due to illegal bowling action
As per report, Hafeez was reported for suspicious bowling action during the first Test against Sri Lanka by the on-field umpires after which he was tested for his bowling action in Chennai.
He was reported for suspicious bowling action last year too after which he cleared his bowling action test at the same testing center of Chennai earlier this year.
He flew to Chennai on July 6 to undergo a bio-mechanic test on his bowling action at the Sri Ramachandra Arthroscopy and Sports Sciences Centre (SRASSC) for about two hours including calibration time.
As the report against Sri Lanka was the player’s second within a two-year period, the first of which led to a suspension, he was automatically suspended from bowling in international cricket for a 12-month period.
However, he can play as batsman, ICC statement said.
- Noon Academy – saving the future of Pakistan with social learning ...05:16 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran presents 5-point agenda for global access to Covid vaccine ...04:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #HappyBirthdayBakhtawarBZ trends on Twitter as Bhutto-Zardari's ...01:42 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021