Forbes: Mayweather, George Clooney, Kylie Jenner named world's highest-paid entertainers
The 57-year-old actor ranks No. 2 on the list with $239 million, followed behind by 20-year-old Jenner, No. 3 with $166.5 million.
“There’s never been a more lucrative time to be famous than now, with 11 superstars earning $100 million or more over the past year,” Zack O’Malley Greenburg, senior entertainment editor at Forbes, said in a statement.
“Entertainers have found all sorts of new ways to monetize their audiences, especially with the help of social media,” he added.
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson almost doubled his earnings from the previous year to land in 5th place with estimated earnings of $124 million. Forbes said the earnings of the “Jumanji” and “Fast & Furious” star were the largest acting-related earnings it had recorded in 20 years.
The top earner on last year’s list, musician Sean Diddy Combs, dropped to No 32 on the current list. His earnings on the 2017 list were inflated by a tour and the sale of part of his Sean John clothing line claimed Forbes.
Musicians and athletes fared well, with Irish band U2, British band Coldplay and British singer Ed Sheeran appearing in the top 10. Soccer players Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo also earned more than $100 million, continued Forbes.
According to Forbes, "the world’s 100 top-earning entertainers pulled in a combined $6.3 billion pretax over the past 12 months, up 22% from last year, and the third highest sum in the list’s 20-year history."
- Inzamam discharged from hospital after heart procedure12:35 AM | 29 Sep, 2021
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021