Budget 2020-21: Sindh raises salaries of govt employees
KARACHI – The Sindh government on Wednesday approved an increase in salaries of civil servants as it presented provincial provincial budget for fiscal year 2020-21.
While presenting the budget in assembly, Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah announced the salaries of Grade 1-16 government employees would be increased by 10 percent, while those of Grade 17-21 would receive a 5pc raise.
He clarified that the provincial ministers and Sindh cabinet members would not get the raise.
Earlier today, the Sindh chief minister announced Rs1.241 trillion budget with a deficit of Rs 18.38 billion without levying new taxes, amid protest by opposition at Assembly building.
The budget for the next financial year was presented by Shah, who also holds the portfolio of the provincial Finance Minister.
The opposition protested while waving banners and placards on the floor of the House amid during budget speech.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020