Budget 2020-21: Sindh raises salaries of govt employees
KARACHI – The Sindh government on Wednesday approved an increase in salaries of civil servants as it presented provincial provincial budget for fiscal year 2020-21.
While presenting the budget in assembly, Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah announced the salaries of Grade 1-16 government employees would be increased by 10 percent, while those of Grade 17-21 would receive a 5pc raise.
He clarified that the provincial ministers and Sindh cabinet members would not get the raise.
Earlier today, the Sindh chief minister announced Rs1.241 trillion budget with a deficit of Rs 18.38 billion without levying new taxes, amid protest by opposition at Assembly building.
The budget for the next financial year was presented by Shah, who also holds the portfolio of the provincial Finance Minister.
The opposition protested while waving banners and placards on the floor of the House amid during budget speech.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020