Rs1 billion for Pakistani artists in Budget 20-21
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government on Friday unveiled its second budget for the fiscal year 2020-21, announcing more funds for the country’s artists.
“Artists are our asset. On President Arif Alvi ‘s recommendations, artist welfare fund has been increased from Rs25 crore to Rs1 billion,” said Minster for Industries Hammad Azhar while presenting the federal budget— referred to as the ‘corona-budget’.
The announcement comes as artists in the South Asian country are equally affected from the dampened economic activity in the wake of lockdown over the coronavirus outbreak.
So far, Pakistan has more than 128,000 cases of infection while 2,480 people lost their lives to COVID-19 illness.
Stay tuned for further updates!
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020