Rs1 billion for Pakistani artists in Budget 20-21
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government on Friday unveiled its second budget for the fiscal year 2020-21, announcing more funds for the country’s artists.
“Artists are our asset. On President Arif Alvi ‘s recommendations, artist welfare fund has been increased from Rs25 crore to Rs1 billion,” said Minster for Industries Hammad Azhar while presenting the federal budget— referred to as the ‘corona-budget’.
The announcement comes as artists in the South Asian country are equally affected from the dampened economic activity in the wake of lockdown over the coronavirus outbreak.
So far, Pakistan has more than 128,000 cases of infection while 2,480 people lost their lives to COVID-19 illness.
Stay tuned for further updates!
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nation observes Youm-e-Istehsal today to mark 2 years of military ...10:16 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan reports highest daily COVID cases in 3 months as positivity ...09:48 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021