Punjab to impose ‘Smart Lockdown’ in 7 cities having COVID-19 hotspots
LAHORE - The Punjab government has decided to impose lockdown in areas with potential coronavirus hotspots in seven cities of the province to control the surge in the coronavirus cases.
According to media reports, the National Command and Operations Center (NCOC) on Tuesday issued directions regarding lockdown in 20 cities across the country, including seven of Punjab.
The cities of Punjab included Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Gujranwala, Sialkot, and Gujarat.
Punjab Chief Secretary Jawwad Rafique Malik issued orders regarding the implementation of the NCOC directives.
The lockdown in Lahore has commenced from Tuesday midnight, while in other cities from 12 night today Wednesday.
Police would be deployed at the entry and exit points of the areas to be placed under restrictions while Army and Rangers would be on standby.
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Housing minister Tariq Basheer Cheema tests positive for coronavirus08:26 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- New optical fibre cable operationalized from Khunjrab to Islamabad: ...07:39 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Indian troops kill another Kashmiri ahead of Martyrs’ Day06:59 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Saudi Arabia offers assistance for construction of Quran complex in ...06:48 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020