Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim misrepresentation in films
British actor Riz Ahmed's critique on the representation of the Muslim community has earned him praises from celebrities all across the globe.
From Hollywood stars Dua Lipa and Olivia Wilde to our local celebs Mehwish Hayat and Feroze Khan, everyone applauded Riz's bids and expressed great pride in him.
The latest celebrity to jump onto the bandwagon to give vocalise her opinion on the following poignant issue is Zindagi Gulzar Hai star Sanam Saeed who shared her two cents on the matter.
Turning to her Twitter handle, Sanam highlighted that a majority does not suddenly have a bad impression of a certain community until the projection is continuously negative.
Agreeing with Ahmed, the Cake star tweeted, "That's right. People don't just wake up hating Muslims, they believe a story. And we need to ask ourselves whether we are complicit in perpetuating this gross misrepresentation that costs lives."
That's right... people don't just wake up hating Muslims, they believe a story.. And we need to ask ourselves weather we are complicit in perpetuating this gross misrepresentation that costs lives.#MuslimsinFilm https://t.co/Zp9aPwN2aJ— Sanam Saeed (@sanammodysaeed) June 16, 2021
Delving into details about the following debate, Mehwish Hayat shared her opinion on the particular matter earlier and wrote, “The issue of misrepresentation of Muslims and how it is fuelling Islamophobia is a poignant one for me. So glad to see Rizwan Ahmed taking positive action, a real watershed moment, time for our industry to step up and also counter the way that we are shown in Hollywood and Bollywood. We need films ‘about’ and not just ‘for’ Pakistan. Something I advocated in Oslo in 2019.”
Earlier, Riz Ahmed launched an effort to improve the way Muslims are depicted in films after a study showed that Muslims are barely seen in mainstream media and if they do they are shown in a negative light.
Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation ... 05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
Never one to shy away from confrontations, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz recipient Mehwish Hayat stays true to her persona as she ...
- LIVE: Imran Khan arrives in Islamabad to address participants in ...02:15 AM | 26 May, 2022
- IMF tells Pakistan to remove petroleum subsidies for revival of loan ...11:35 PM | 25 May, 2022
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022