#HafizSaeedWasRight: Is he really?
The hashtag appears to be an attempt to prove that 'Hafiz Saeed Was Right' to accuse India for destabilizing Pakistan. The recent Corps Commanders Conference had taken up the issue and the foreign secretary also warned India over whipping the militancy in Pakistan a day after Karachi bus attack. In the moment the question that arises is whether Hafiz Saeed's statements have become the official stance of Pakistan?
Saeed has been strong critique of India for its occupation in Jammu and Kashmir, the area disputed between Pakistan and India according to United Nations. Once addressing a ceremony in Lahore, he claimed to have fired the first rocket in Kargil ambush in 1999 as well.
Moreover India also blames him for running the training camps for fighters who challenge Indian army in Kashmir.
As a response Hafiz Saaed has also been time and again blaming India for fanning the terrorism and sectarian war in Pakistan.
On the other hand his organization, JuD, also manages a welfare organization named as Falah-e-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF) that carries out major rescue operations in calamity-hit regions of Pakistan. The organization also maintains a school network in the country where hundreds of student a given free education.
Following the Karachi gun attack that left 45 Ismailis dead, the alleged hand of Indian RAW behind this deadly incident has become a topic of debate in the country. Making it right hit in the right time, Hafiz Saeed’s followers spared some time to bash Indian propaganda against their leader. While using hashtag #HaizSaeedWasRight at twitter they tried to remind the Pakistanis that Saeed has been hinting at Indian involvement in Pakistan over a long time.
The hashtag received a mixed response from twitter users however. Many users tweeted about the welfare services of JuD and anti-India stance whereas several others exchanged anti-Hafiz Saeed views.
Few of those tweets are:
— Lastman Lastbullet (@Lonewarrior313) May 17, 2015
India is a backstabbing nation,thier is no room for trade and talks wid it unless its atrocities end against Kashmir,PK #HafizSaeedWasRight
— Fatima (@fatima_7297) May 17, 2015
#HafizSaeedWasRight lybanned because he is funded to spread khariji terrorism in Pakisan. LET JUD banned, why? as they terrorists ARREST HIM
— Caped Sufi (@CapedSufi) May 17, 2015
— Mishkaat Umair (@mishkoo90) May 17, 2015
#HafizSaeedWasRight when he said that RAW is behind NDS in Afghanistan and together they are funding TTP
— Pasban E Harmain (@PasbaneHarmain) May 17, 2015
It is also worth mentioning here that twitter had blocked the official account of Hafiz Saeed immediately after the United Nations had announced an embargo for him. He created another account afterwards and it remains functional since then.
- AJK budget for fiscal year 2021-22 to be announced today11:34 AM | 16 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi to embark on official visit to Turkey this week11:00 AM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Ceasefire 'broken' as Israel strikes Gaza in response to incendiary ...10:43 AM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 16 June 202109:45 AM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan reports 1,038 Covid-19 infections, 46 deaths over 24 hours09:03 AM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021