Modi takes no questions at first 'press conference' as India’s PM
“I am a disciplined soldier, party president is supreme,” Modi told one of two reporters who asked him a direct question.
“I have answered your question. It is not necessary for the PM to answer every question,” Shah, president of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) told the journalist.
Modi, 68, is notoriously shy of the media, having never given a press conference since becoming prime minister of the world's largest democracy in 2014.
Critics say Modi knows in advance what he will be asked in television interviews and that the questions are soft and often fawning.
Congratulations Modi Ji. Excellent Press Conference! Showing up is half the battle. Next time Mr Shah may even allow you to answer a couple of questions. Well done! 👍— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) May 17, 2019
Voting in India's almost seven-week election ends on Sunday with results due on Thursday.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021