American adventurist Cynthia D Ritchie refutes fake news over detention mystery
Ritchie, on Monday, was offloaded from Qatar Airways flight on Islamabad International airport, however, many media outlets including 7 News and stateviews which claimed that the FIA had offloaded and arrested her from an international flight either due to the expiration of visa or other issues related to her traveling documents.
Cynthia took to Twitter, clarified that she was offloaded due to an “incompetent official” of the Ministry of Interior, adding that the agency never arrested her as it was a minor issue, contrary to the reports circulating about her.
Failing to disclose all information, including that I had documentation, but due to incompetence from an individual with @MOIPakistan the documentation was not 100% correct - matter was resolved w/ MoI today.— Cynthia D. Ritchie (@CynthiaDRitchie) October 15, 2018
Rule of law should be respected, so should privacy & professionalism. https://t.co/2KMlIWSdeV
Cynthia also shared the screenshots of fake stories and mocked some of the media persons in Pakistan for spreading the fake news about her arrest.
Now I can say I know what it's like to experience #FakeNews, from a $60 web portal and a low rent outlet desperate for views.— Cynthia D. Ritchie (@CynthiaDRitchie) October 17, 2018
These chawwals want world to see this is how a long term guest of PK is treated.
Wrong. I will not be intimidated. Pakistan is my second home. 🇺🇲♥️🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/dmhYlLwnNO
Because I was recently reported (on https://t.co/8nwROyoTk5 as shown below) as being arrested by @FIA_Pakistan due to my over stay in Pakistan, which was due to my excessive love for Pakistan, I'd like to request my digitally creative friends to photoshop me, pagal gori, in jail. pic.twitter.com/6rphQFiTkx— Cynthia D. Ritchie (@CynthiaDRitchie) October 15, 2018
She also lauded the Pakistani authorities taking action against fake news and removal of her credentials from the internet.
Thank you to the Pakistan authorities for taking swift action by tracing the offensive postings of my passport, etc. I will be following up.— Cynthia D. Ritchie (@CynthiaDRitchie) October 15, 2018
Cynthia has been travelling across the length and breadth of Pakistan and had been portraying the positive image of Pakistan contrary to the propaganda being peddled on the international media. She has also appeared on TV shows with an all-praise attitude for masses.
American professor faces brief Twitter suspension ... 01:16 PM | 7 Jul, 2018
NEW YORK – Christine fair, the American professor who keeps an eye on the South Asian region, faced a brief Twitter ...
- WATCH: Pakistan Navy warship PNS Tabuk visits Bahrain06:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Can’t sleep at nights due to rising inflation, says PM Imran Khan05:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- ‘Emerging Cricketer of the Year’: Fatima Sana becomes ...05:24 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021