Uzma Nawaz is breaking stereotypes by becoming the first female car mechanic of Pakistan
“I took it up as a challenge against all odds and the meagre financial resources of my family,” Nawaz told AFP. The 24 year old is not the one to back down. She skipped meals in order to complete her degree as her background was not strong.
“When they see me doing this type of work they are really surprised.”
Grown up in an mpoverished town of Dunyapur in eastern Pakistan’s Punjab province, Uzma was a student that got through by scholarships.
“Whatever task we give her she does it like a man with hard work and dedication,” said co-worker M Attaullah.
“There is no need in our society for girls to work at workshops, it doesn’t seems nice, but it is her passion,” said her father Muhammad Nawaz.
You go girl, that is all we would say!
- PCB asks Pakistani players to return from BBL as PSL set to start ...01:28 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan assures all-out support to brothers separated during ...12:52 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Punjab mulls slashing attendance to 50pc for students under 12 years: ...12:19 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s NSA Moeed Yusuf to visit Afghanistan to discuss ...11:49 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran to launch Pakistan Digital City Technology Zone in Haripur ...11:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Senior Pakistani actor Rasheed Naz passes away at 7310:16 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021