Uzma Nawaz is breaking stereotypes by becoming the first female car mechanic of Pakistan
LAHORE - Uzma Nawaz, the first female car mechanic in Pakistan, is breaking barriers with her different and unique attitude by proving women can pretty much do anything and everything when they have made their minds to it.
“I took it up as a challenge against all odds and the meagre financial resources of my family,” Nawaz told AFP. The 24 year old is not the one to back down. She skipped meals in order to complete her degree as her background was not strong.
“When they see me doing this type of work they are really surprised.”
Grown up in an mpoverished town of Dunyapur in eastern Pakistan’s Punjab province, Uzma was a student that got through by scholarships.
“Whatever task we give her she does it like a man with hard work and dedication,” said co-worker M Attaullah.
“There is no need in our society for girls to work at workshops, it doesn’t seems nice, but it is her passion,” said her father Muhammad Nawaz.
You go girl, that is all we would say!
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- China to provide 38 more drones to Pakistan to fight locust09:08 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020