Abrar Ul Haq’s Chamkeeli challenged in court
LAHORE - A petition has been filed in Lahore’s civil court against singer Abrar ul Haq for his latest wedding song Chamkeeli.
The petition, submitted by lawyer Rana Adnan Asghar, stated that the song is promoting a “disrespectful” attitude for men and women and therefore, it should be removed from YouTube. He also wants the singer to apologise for the song.
The track features Mehwish Hayat as Chamkeeli , an excited bride who has come to groom YouTube star Shahveer’s place for his Rukhsati. Asghar claims that the song ridiculed the men. The hearing of the case has been adjourned till December 20.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Four Grade-17 officers dismissed over BISP corruption08:00 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran to inaugurate Gujranwala shuttle train on Feb 5th06:55 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran hails Quetta hero who saved more than 100 lives06:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Syllabus of Class 1st-8th to be changed in Cantonment areas06:31 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019