At Kartarpur, UNSG lauds Pakistan’s efforts for peace, interfaith harmony
LAHORE – United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres on Tuesday appreciated Pakistan for its efforts and effective measures to restore peace and promote interfaith harmony in the region.
He acknowledged this fact during his visit to Darbar Sahib Kartarpur, recently developed and opened up by Pakistan for Sikh community from across the world, in Narowal district of Punjab.
The UN Secretary General remarked that Kartarpur Corridor Project is a glaring example of Pakistan’s advocacy for peace and interfaith harmony in the world in general and in the region in particular.
Guterres was confident that Karturpur Corridor would further harness peace, tolerance, love, brotherhood and interfaith harmony not only in the region but also the world over.
The UN chief also appreciated the facilities being provided by Pakistan government to Sikh Yatrees (pilgrims) and general visitors at Darbar Sahib Kartarpur.
UNSG Guterres visits Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Fort 07:24 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
LAHORE – United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres along with his delegation paid a visit to historic ...
Earlier, All Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbhandhak Committee and Evacuee Trust Property Board officials welcomed the UN Secretary General at Darbar Sahib Kartarpur, while Federal Religious Affairs Minister Pir Noorul Haq Qadri was also present.
The UN dignitary was also briefed in detail about Kartarpur Corridor Project including the facilities by Pakistan government, and the project’s agreement between Pakistan and India.
He was apprised that Prime Minister Imran Khan had taken initiative of Kartarpur Corridor Project to facilitate Sikh community of India and rest of the world.
While wearing an orange scarf, a tenet of Sikh religion, Antonio Guterres took a round of various sections of Darbar Sahib. He was also served with traditional food in lunch. While a good number of Sikh Yatrees from India was also present.
It is to mention that law enforcement agencies put a foolproof security apparatus in place in and around the Darbar Sahib Kartarpur.
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- How to fight with Coronavirus?07:43 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Karachiites thrash policemen for stopping Friday prayer06:45 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019