Foreign Direct Investment increases by 4.6% in Pakistan
Of that figure, $1.35 billion correspond to Chinese funds, an increase of 11.4 percent, according to a statement.
Chinese FDI is linked to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a project valued at more than 46 billion dollars.
CEPC will connect through a network of roads, railways and pipelines the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, in the northwest of the country, with Gwadar Port in southwestern Pakistan.
At the same time, the 2017 survey by the Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry highlighted an improvement in security in Pakistan.
- Finance Minister Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on ...07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Enhanced Pak-Turkey cooperation will have positive impact on regional ...06:43 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 'PakVac' – Pakistani experts manufacture another 900,000 doses ...06:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gears up to host Russian President Putin05:37 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Samsung SmartThings Unveils New Interface, Offering Customers a More ...05:22 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Simi Raheel's sweet interaction with Johny Lever wins hearts04:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021