'Joker’ is officially the most complained about movie of 2019
The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has confirmed that Todd Phillips’ Joker was the most complained about movie of 2019.
According to BBFCs annual report, the DC origin movie, received 20 complaints relating to the film's age 15 classification.
The majority of complaints against “Joker” asserted that the film should’ve had an age 18 rating due to “violence and tone,” while others argued that BBFC should’ve banned the Todd Philip's starrer altogether.
Regardless of the film’s extremity, the BBFC justified the rating, saying, “There are scenes of strong violence in the film that include stabbings and shootings, with accompanying bloody injury detail. They do not, however, dwell on the infliction of pain or injury in a manner that requires an 18.”
The BBFC received 149 complaints in total last year, that is less than half the amount that were made in 2018.
In 2019, multiple tabloids claimed that Joker's sequel is in the works, with Phoenix set to return as the lead and the same director.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020