Gilgit-Baltistan’s agriculture minister dies of coronavirus
GILGIT – A lawmaker of Gilgit Balistan Assembly died on Thursday due to coronavirus as cases of infection on sharp rise in the country.
Authorities said that Agriculture Minister Haji Janbaz, who hailed from Gilgit, was under treatment for the infection for several days at a local hospital and today he lost his life to it.
The deceased was also leader of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).
PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif has expressed grief over the demise of the party leader.
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 158,850, according to government data till Thursday morning.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 3,093, according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 59,215 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 1,149, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 916 and 755 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 89 deaths; Islamabad, 78; Gilgit Baltistan, 17; and Azad Kashmir, 13.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020