Four civilians martyred in cross-border firing by Indian forces
According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the victims who were martyred in a fresh spasm of violence, include one woman and three children.
"The Punjab Rangers conducted retaliatory fire, and an exchange of fire is taking place intermittently," added the military's media wing.
Indian forces frequently conduct cross-border violations along with Working Boundary as well as in Kashmir across the Line of Control, resulting in the deaths of innocent civilians, contrary to international norms.
Pakistan has been constantly engaged with New Delhi over devising a mechanism to avoid casualties. Earlier, last month,, Pakistan's Director General Military Operations (DGMO) took up the issue of continuing ceasefire violations by Indian army in a hotline contact with his Indian counterpart.
"Pakistan's DGMO Maj Gen Shamshad Mirza highlighted deliberate targetting of innocent civilians residing along the LoC and Working Boundary by Indian forces, on the false pretext of reaction against alleged cross-border infiltration," stated ISPR.
Statistically, in 2018, 219 innocent civilians, including 112 women and children, have either been martyred or injured because of targeted Indian ceasefire violations, the statement read.
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 37th Millat Tractors Governors Cup Golf commences today04:20 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2020: Day 304:16 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020