Two Indian nationals arrested from Cholistan near Bahawalpur
BAHAWALPUR - Two Indian nationals were arrested by the police for illegally entering Pakistani area of Cholistan near Punjab's Tehsil Yazman Mandi, district Bahawalpur, an official said on Monday.
According to police, the two persons, who seemed to be suspected terrorists, were nabbed on the information of local police informer.
They were identified as Prashant and Darilal from the Indian states Madhya Pradesh and Hyderabad respectively.
One of the apprehended is said to be a software engineer, raising the possibility that he was sent to Pakistan to carry out some sophisticated terror attack, according to an FIR, registered with the Yazman police.
Both the Indians entered Pakistan without proper documentation. They will be handed over to investigation agencies for further questioning, police sources said.
This is the second time in a few months that Indian nationals have been arrested after they crossed the International boarders.
Earlier, the FIA had arrested an alleged spy from Torkham border, identified as Umar Daud. In an official press release, the FIA said it handed him over to Peshawar officials.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020